|The OLAStore Policies
Effective September 22, 2003.
Retail bookstores, wholesalers and campus bookstores
- Permission must be received in advance of return from email@example.com
- If the original discount given is affected or offset by the return, an adjustment will be made before the credit is calculated.
will be credited at the original discount and exchange rate only if
complete invoice (original invoice number, date of invoice, title and
edition is supplied with packing slip) is provided. Returns greater
than 30% of the total original order will be credited 90% on the amount
returned above 30%.
- No returns will be accepted up to three months from and ten months after date stated on the original invoice.
books must be in print and in saleable condition. Un-saleable books,
out-of-print books, NOP’s and books returned in error will not be
credited. A notice will be sent requesting that the books be picked up
at the customer’s expense within 30 days from date of notice.
- Returns must be sent pre-paid. Merchandise shipped C.O.D. will not be accepted.
- All credits are merchandise credits only. Credits are valid for one year from date of issue and are applied only upon customer request,
please provide fax number or mailing address where credit note is to be
sent. To redeem, simply return credit note with form of payment
(cheque, charge etc) on outstanding payments or any future order.
All invoices are 30 days net.
- Any account whose whole annual returns exceed 30% will automatically convert to non-returnable status.
- Accounts not paid within 60 days are automatically on credit hold.
- Any account on credit hold more than twice in one calendar year will convert to non-returnable status.
If an order includes more than 5 items, it will be shipped at $2.00 per
item. If there are less than 5 items in an order it will be shipped at
a standard rate of $6.00 for the first item and $2.00 for each
Standard shipping time is 10-15 business days. If you need an item sooner please note that in the additional comments and all efforts will be made to have the packaged shipped sooner. Extra shipping charges will apply if you request 1 or 2 day service.
surcharge may be applied to rush orders Special shipping requests
(including specified couriers, trucking firms, pick-up, etc.): The
first $1,000 of the total order will be charged a 2.5% handling fee
with an additional 1.5% for any amount over $1,000.
- The OLAStore
provides reading copies to professors free of charge with a minimum
campus bookstore order of 10 copies within 45 days of desk copy
request. Bookstores must quote the professor’s name and invoice number
- Should less than 10 copies be requested the professor may purchase the desk copy at a 40% discount. Please notify the OLAStore to apply the discount to your invoice.
bookstores requesting a return on books bought with a desk copy will be
issued a credit for the original purchase total minus one book or less
- Professors opting not
to use the text in class for which a desk copy was given must return
the desk copy at their own cost immediately within 45 days of receiving
the initial invoice.
wishing to keep the single desk copy can make their payments to the OLA
office within 45 days at the price indicated on the initial invoice.
For The OLAStore inquiries please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 416-363-3388
Download Desk Copy Policy Form (48KB PDF)