I Read Canadian Fund Campaign
Every young person should have access to Canadian books. The I Read Canadian Fund was created to make sure kids have every opportunity to read great books. Over the next year, the OLA plans to raise $25,000 for the I Read Canadian Fund, and we would like your support. We can’t do it without you!
Why is this important to OLA?
Research shows that reading for fun has a positive impact on the lives of children and young adults both in and outside of school. Reading promotes the following in young readers:
- Increased school achievement
- Strong life satisfaction
- Better health
- Better employment
- Pursuit of higher education
- Increased social and civic engagement
Here is how your donation to I Read Canadian helps:
- $200 provides one Forest of Reading book set to a classroom or library.
- $500 brings a bus of young readers to their local reading festival/celebration.
- $1,000 – $4,000 delivers 350 Canadian books to a remote community in need.
- $750-$1000 subsidizes an author/illustrator visit to a small or remote community (including travel).
Every contribution connects a young person to a book that could change their life.
Other OLA Funds
OLA is a charitable and non-profit organization that accepts donations for several funds. Each fund supports the library and information sector in a unique way; from getting books into the hands of children across Ontario, to Mentorship, tuition scholarships, event travel bursaries and more! To find out more about OLA Funds, click here.
All donation amount(s) over $20, you will receive a Charitable Tax Receipt # 10779 8159 RR 0001. Contact email@example.com or call 1-877-340-1730 for more information.