Micheline Persaud Award
Cliquez ici pour voir cette page en français.
The Micheline Persaud Award is an award to honor an individual, group or institution that has distinguished itself in the development and promotion of library services in French in Ontario.
The Prize is named in memory of our late colleague and friend, Micheline Persaud. Micheline has distinguished herself for many years by remaining particularly active and involved in the world of libraries until her death.
Anyone can submit a nomination in recognition of the contribution of a distinguished individual, group or institution in promoting French-language library services in Ontario.
- Fill out the online form (available in the fall)
- Deadline: November 1
Nominations are accepted until November 1 of each year for submission to the Conference of the Great January / February next.
A selection committee will be set up by the board of the ABO-Franco to evaluate the submitted applications. The committee will consist of:
- 2 members of the ABO-Franco
- 1 board member of the ABO-Franco
Awarding of the Prize
The prize consists of the award of an honorary plaque and a certificate
of accomplishment to the candidate selected by the ABO-Franco. The
presentation of the Award takes place at the OLA Annual Conference.
The ABO-Franco hopes to award this prize every year.
Part Award Winners
- 2020 Award Winner: Monique Desormeaux, Bibliothéque publique d’Ottawa
- 2019 Award Winner: Claire Dionne,Directrice générale / CEO Bibliothèque publique du canton de Russell / Township of Russell Public Library. Remarks by Claire Dionne (French)
- Past Award Winners