Special Libraries Committee
The Ontario Library Association’s Special Libraries Committee (OLA-SLC) is a group of special librarians and non-traditional information professionals dedicated to collaborating, promoting, and sharing the wealth of knowledge in our professional community in Ontario. Members come from a diverse range of fields including librarians in government, law, business and news, as well as research consultants, information specialists, knowledge workers, prospect researchers, and students. The committee hosts professional development events, article nights, community socials, and provides opportunities for partnerships and community outreach.
- Natasha Kwiatkowski, ArcelorMittal Global R&D Hamilton
- Mi Yoon, McMaster University
Alison Skyrme, Ryerson University
Astrid Lange, Toronto Star
Christina Ransom, Access Copyright
Rebecca Efrat, CBC
Jordana Winegust, Kids Help Phone
Maggie Tiong, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute
Gina Freitag, Ex-Officio, Ontario Library Association
Read the Committee’s Terms of Reference or contact Gina Freitag (email@example.com) for more information.
Please check back for more events!
- August 10, 2023 – Special Libraries Summer Social
- July 7, 2023 – Toronto Cemetery Research Tour
- May 26, 2023 – Chinese Canadian Archive Tour at TPL
- April 20, 2023 – Snakes & Lattes Games Library Tour & Social
- May 30, 2018 – Tour the Frank and Anita Ekstein Holocaust Library
- May 3, 2018 – Lunchtime Tour of the ROM Library and Archives
- April 24, 2018 – Tour the Ontario Historical Society’s library
- December 6, 2017 – Tour Double Feature: Ryerson University Library’s Archives and Special Collections, and the Ryerson Image Centre
- November 21, 2017 – Open Community: An Info Pro Intro Event
- June 7, 2017 – Join us for a tour of the Art Gallery of Ontario’s library and archives!
- March 2, 2017 – Improve Your Data Literacy: Tips for spotting misleading statistics