Treaties Recognition Week
Treaties Recognition Week (Ontario Ministry of Indigenous Affairs) – Resources to support learning about treaties, treaty relationships, and treaty rights that shape Ontario.
- Map of Ontario Treaties and Reserves – Helps students identify the treaty land where they live and go to school.
- Printable resources including: a word-search, crossword puzzle and a treaties in Ontario map colouring page will be available to use and learn about treaties in a fun and interactive way
- Treaty Education Resources – (Anishinabek Nation) Page with lesson plans and videos that complement a treaties-focused teaching guide.
- Robinson Huron Waawiindaamaagewin – Robinson Huron Treaty 1850 and YouTube
- Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation Official launch of the Moccasin Identifier
- Historica Canada’s Treaties in Canada Portal – (Historica) – Education guide to support classroom learning on treaties.
- James Bay Treaty Virtual Exhibit (Archives of Ontario)
- Thesis – Anishinaabe Treaty-Making in the 18th-and-19th-Century Northern Great Lakes: From Shared Meanings to Epistemological Chasms – by Dr.Alan Theodore Ojiig Corbiere
- Event – Treaties Recognition Week: Dr. Alan Ojiig Corbiere “Anishinaabe Treaty-Making in the 18th- and 19th-Century Northern Great Lakes: From Shared Meanings to Epistemological Chasms” –
Indigenous Collections Development Resources
- First Nations Communities Read – coordinated by Ontario Library Service
- Good Minds – Shop Indigenous Educational Resources and Books:
- Native and Local Collections Development Policy – Six Nations Public Library Native and Local Collections Policy
- insideOLBA Article – First Nations Collection (2013) by Sabrina Saunders
- UBCIC Resource Centre Classification Plan
- Evaluating Childrens Books fro Anti-Aboriginal Bias
- ACCI Brian Deer Classification Plan
- A Guide for Selecting or Weeding First Nation Materials
- Reciprocal Borrowing – Template Policy for Reciprocal Borrowing – Municipal and First Nations Public Library
Indigenous Language Resources
- Ontario Library Service – North First Nation Language Portal
- Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Sport: First Nations Libraries and Language Resources
Resources for Allies
- Indigenous Matters – Information Brief 2019 – prepared by members of the Ontario Library Association Indigenous Task Group
Truth and Reconciliation
- CFLA-FCAB – Library Response to Truth and Reconciliation
- CFLA-FCAB Truth and Reconciliation Report
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada: 94 Calls to Action