Editor: Andra Steele
About: HoOPLA describes the decisions and activities of the Ontario Public Library Association (OPLA) leadership, explains OPLA programs and provides news of interest to Ontario public library staff and supporters. It is distributed electronically to OPLA and OLBA members every season.
Interested in Submitting to HoOPLA? All submissions may be edited for length, content and or style, and should be as brief as required to present the information, usually ranging from 150 to 500 words.
Please send submissions to email@example.com
Approximate Deadlines for Submission:
- May 1 – for the spring issue release to OPLA members by email
- August 1 – for the summer issue release to OPLA members by email
- November 1 – for the fall release to OPLA members by email
- February 1 – for the winter release to OPLA members by email
HoOPLA Contains the Following Sections:
- President’s Message
- What’s New: includes information on event and programs of interest and affecting libraries across the province
- Around the Province (commonly called the brag board): individual libraries have an opportunity to highlight significant events/programs services
- People in the News: news and announcements on new hires, new positions, awards, retirements etc.