Editor: Nicole Zummach
About: HoOPLA describes the decisions and activities of the Ontario Public Library Association (OPLA) leadership, explains OPLA program and provides news of interest to Ontario public library staff and supporters. It is distributed electronically to OPLA members every season, and every January at the annual OLA Super Conference.
Interested in Submitting to HoOPLA? All submissions may be edited for length, content and or style, and should be as brief as required to present the information, usually ranging from 150 to 500 words.
Please send submissions to email@example.com
Approximate Deadlines for Submission:
- April 15 – for early May release to OPLA members by email
- July 15 – for early August release to OPLA members by email
- October 15 – for early November release to OPLA members by email
- December 1 – for Super Conference edition
HoOPLA Contains the Following Sections:
- President’s Message
- What’s New: includes information on event and programs of interest and affecting libraries across the province
- Around the Province (commonly called the brag board): individual libraries have an opportunity to highlight significant events/programs services
- People in the News: news and announcements on new hires, new positions, awards, retirements etc.