To participate on any of these committees, you must be a current member of OLA. Most terms on committees are three year terms, unless stated otherwise. Each committee has a Terms of Reference, an OLA Staff Liaison, and volunteer opportunities that are available at various times throughout the year. Visit each committee page to find out more.
OLA Statement on Staff and Volunteer Participation
OLA strives to ensure that its staff, committees, and councils are diverse and inclusive in order to best serve the Ontario library community. There is immense value in bringing together various perspectives and ideas. OLA seeks out participation from members with different library experience; members from all regions of Ontario; Indigenous Peoples; and members with diverse backgrounds including but not limited to age, race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, and ability. If you have any questions about getting involved, please contact the OLA staff liaison for the committee/council.
OLA Division Councils
- ABO-Franco – L’Association des bibliothèques de l’Ontario-Franco
- OCULA – Ontario College and University Library Association
- OLBA– Ontario Library Boards Association
- OLITA – Ontario Library and Information Technology Association
- OPLA – Ontario Public Library Association
- OSLA – Ontario School Library Association
The following committees report to the OLA Board:
(Committees with a dedicated web presence are linked below)
- Advocacy Committee
- Annual Institute of Library As Place Committee
- Audit Committee
- Liaise with OLA’s auditor to review the auditors report and report back to the OLA Board of Directors.
- Cultural Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Copyright User Group
- Indigenous Task Group
- Finance Committee
- Reviews budget and makes recommendations to the OLA Board of Directors
- Fund Development Committee
- Mentoring Committee
- Nomination Committee
- Ensures there are nominations for OLA President elect and Treasurer.
- OLA Awards Committee
- Reviews the nominations of OLA awards
- OLA By-Law 2 Consultation Committee
- OLA Revenue Development Task Force
- Reviews and advises on revenue development opportunities
- Ontario School Library Impact Project
- Open Shelf Editorial Board
- Special Libraries Committee
- Super Conference Planning Team
- Blue Spruce
- Silver Birch (Fiction, Non-Fiction, Express)
- Red Maple (Fiction, Non-Fiction)
- White Pine
- Golden Oak
- Le Prix Tamarac
- Le Prix Peuplier
- Festival of Trees Local Organization Committees
Volunteer with us!
Visit our current volunteer opportunities page to learn about which committees are seeking new members.
You are also welcome to fill out an application form at any time to express your interest in volunteering with a committee. When the committee is looking for new members they will reach out directly.