The Ontario Health Library and Information Association (OHLIA) is the newest division of the Ontario Library Association (OLA) and we represent library staff involved with the provision of health information in a diverse range of information settings. Formally known as the Ontario Hospital Libraries Association (OHLA), our members voted in 2020 to join OLA as a division. Activities of OHLIA include both in-person continuing education and professional development, consumer health initiatives, and other advocacy and knowledge exchange activities.
Why Join OHLIA?
There are many reasons why you should join OHLIA!
- OHLIA provides an opportunity to connect with information professionals working in a variety of settings, such as academic libraries, teaching hospitals, and community hospitals. Becoming a member allows you to connect with others from diverse professional backgrounds.
- OHLIA provides an opportunity to learn more about key resources and methods for helping those with health information needs, including information requests related to both in-depth health-related research and consumer health requests.
- Membership in OHLIA will ensure you receive access to OHLIA’s consumer health information updates. The consumer health updates address a wide range of topics, including mental wellness, seniors’ health and more.
- There is a significant discount for the Ontario Library Association’s Super Conference, the OLA Education Institute and other events. Past webinars have covered topics such as copyright, introduction to COVID-19 research resources, and legal research for non-law librarians.
- You will also have free access to WilsonNet’s Library Literature and Library and Information Science Abstracts (LISA) database.
We look forward to welcoming YOU as a new member of OLA’s newest division in our inaugural year!
February 2, 2021 at 3:30-4:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
Find your local number: https://accessola.zoom.us/u/ayjn220na